Thursday, June 07, 2007

Spurs v Cavs Game 1 Thoughts, and A Pair of TotDs

Quick-hitters:

- Freaking Dodgers. 5-1, 9th inning, about to beat the best pitcher in the National League, and then they decide to play like a Pee Wee league softball team. Damn I'm pissed.

- You know you're in pain when it hurts just to sit down. I'm probably a pair of Tylenol away from being classified as an addict.

- Did I mention, freaking Dodgers?

- So after Game 1 of the NBA Finals, I can safely say that the Cavs are in a little bit of trouble. They played well for a half, but apparently the Cavs couldn't answer the bell for the second half. A few thoughts on Game 1:
  • The Spurs are NOT boring to watch! Watching Tony Parker carve up the Cavs' PGs, and watching Duncan operate down low, are works of art.
  • Less Larry Hughes, more Daniel Gibson!
  • Hey, Lebron, if your shot isn't working for you, it's probably not a good idea to continue throwing up fadeaways.
By the way, did anyone see that weird home video (aired during halftime) of Spurs coach Gregg Popovich visiting Tim Duncan at the Virgin Islands? Am I the only one that thought that the video was kinda creepy, especially the scene where the two of them were on the beach together?

Anyway, the Cavs need to give more minutes to Daniel Gibson, and they might want to think about playing Eric Snow for a few minutes. The first half of Game 1 had to be encouraging for the Cavs, but the Cavs better get that third quarter out of their system as soon as possible. That first half illustrated my belief that the Cavs might, in fact, have a shot at winning the series.

I still think they'll come up short, however. I expect the Spurs to win Game 2, using the same blueprint as they did to outmuscle the Cavs in Game 1.

- Silly me; I finally provided some TotDs for the IMBC, and I went ahead and skipped yesterday's topic. I will now go ahead and answer both of them here. Yesterday's TotD:
Describe how you came up with your blog name/username.
I remember watching my local NBC news one day, when they were handing out that week's "unsung hero" award. I stuck an extra "g" in there--my last name is Ung--and presto!

(Tangent: People on online forums frequently leave out that "g" in ungsunghero. It used to really bother me, but not so much any more.)

(Tangent #2: Once, a guy on an online forum insisted that my name had a typo in it. I assured him that that was not the case, and he insisted that I was the one mistaken. That's kinda like the guy that calls your phone number, asks for [insert name that you don't recognize], and then after you tell him that there is no one by that name, he insists that you have the wrong number. And yeah, that has happened to me on more than one occasion.)

I don't need to explain UngsungBlog, do I?

As for today's TotD:
What is/are your favorite cereal(s)?
My current favorite has to be Raisin Bran Crunch. I absolutely love that cereal, though it is a bit too sweet for my tastes. If I don't have any Raisin Bran Crunch, I'll settle for some Honey Bunches of Oats, no matter the variety. Both cereals are so good that I can eat them as snacks, with or without milk.

Next time: some fun poker hands I've seen in the last couple of days, among other things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home