Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Leftovers Are Good, So Is Limeade, And YANT

This blog entry is going to be all over the place, because the longer it takes me to complete this, the longer it will keep me away from Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80s.

(Yeah, I'm a Guitar Hero dork. I also royally stink at it :P)

Speaking of Guitar Hero and my PS2, I can't believe my console still works!

(I should mention that I haven't touched it in months, and it has always been a bit flaky on me.)

I better be careful, or I might just play through the night, and "forget" to sleep.

- There are some foods that are just destined to be leftovers (and I mean this in a good way; some foods just taste almost as good, if not better, the day after). Corned beef is one good example of that.

(Tangent: I can't believe I didn't make myself any cabbage! Argh! I don't care if it's not St. Patrick's Day, and I don't care that I'm not Irish...how could I forget to make cabbage?!?)

I still have some left in the refrigerator, though it may not last much longer *drool*.

Also, day-old roasted potatoes are awesome, especially when used in a breakfast omelet! I had a spinach-tomato-potato omelet--that's all the stuff in my fridge that was omelet-worthy--and damn, that was tasty! If only I had some pepper jack!

(Hmmm...I might make myself one of those, instead of eating the corned beef; that is, if I can pull myself away from Guitar Hero.)

- Who needs a specialized hand workout device when you can get the same workout by juicing citrus fruits?

(Yeah, let's conveniently ignore the 3/4 cup of sugar per pitcher of lemon/lime-ade.)

Sadly, I am now out of limes. Hopefully they'll be back on sale this week, so that I could, um, get another hand workout.

- So I mentioned that I had acquired yet another new toy.

Well, here it is: a Compaq Presario F572US notebook computer. The specs are nice (X2 TK-53 @ 1.7Ghz, 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD, 8x DVD+-RW, 15.4" WXGA, 6.6lb), but it is a Compaq. It was also pretty darn cheap, after a number of questionable rebates; the deal involved buying tons of security software that were better than free after rebate, and hinges on whether or not I actually get all the rebates.

I'd say it's 50/50 that I'm going to "keep" it (by "keep," I mean I'm either going to use it myself and sell my Dell Inspiron 6400, or I'm going to keep it within my family, i.e. sell it to a sibling).

Wish me luck on this deal!

*me rushes back to Guitar Hero*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home