Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Whaaaaaaaaa???

- So Wacko Jacko continues to (not) amaze me. Apparently there's a plan to create a 50' robot of himself and have it roam about the Vegas desert, "greeting" people flying into the city by firing laser beams. I'll admit, I've always wanted a 50' robotic replica of myself! Imagine rolling around town with something like that flanking you! By the way, someone better check the lasers in the robot. For all we know, they could be scanning incoming planes for little kids (yes, I went there :P).

Also, exactly where would the lasers be coming from? Actually, never mind...

- The guy who had to change his name to Peyton Manning after the Colts beat the Bears in the Super Bowl can't legally change his name anymore. The judge ruled that the name change would be "too confusing" and it "might infringe on the privacy" of the Colts' QB. What??? The judge might as well rule that people can't wear jerseys of their favorite players, due to casual fans mistaking them for the players. What if the guy requested to change his name to Rex Grossman? Would the judge have a problem with that? That would probably be worse, actually. I guess I shouldn't try to change my name to Kolby Byrant.

- Here are the twenty-five worst contracts in the NBA according, according to ESPN's John Hollinger (ESPN Insider subscription required). The Knicks have so many players on that list that they are listed in two different categories: current Knicks and "already waived Knicks." If that doesn't prove that the Knicks are the laughing stock of the league, nothing will. I don't care if they aren't the worst team in the league, record-wise, but a team that spends over $100 million in salaries should, one would think, contend for a division title every year. Then again, when you have four shoot-first point guards, a center who is allergic to defense, and millions of dollars in salaries to players that aren't even on the team anymore, I guess you can't really be that good. It doesn't help that you are run by Isiah "I nuked the CBA" Thomas. Oh well, at least there's no luxury tax penalty or anything for far exceeding the NBA salary cap...

That's all I got for now. Happy blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home