Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Spurs v Cavs Game 3 Thoughts, Home Depot Return Fraud Accusation

Quick-hitters:

- Am I reading the Mets-Dodgers box score wrong, or did the Dodgers hit back-to-back-to-back home runs? And is that the pitcher that hit the third one??? LOL!

(Nice...Fox Sports Net just showed the replay of the trifecta.)

- I told Krunk that I was done with poker, for the rest of the week. Let's see if I make it to Wednesday...

- I can't wait for the NBA Finals to end. I am sick and tired of seeing those stupid David Blaine commercials. John Mellencamp thinks David Blaine is seen on TV too much these days.

- Ok, can we stop calling LeBron James "King," at least until he wins a championship? Heck, if he gets the Cavs back to San Antonio, I'll let him keep the nickname! The Cavs are now on the brink of elimination, after losing a heartbreaker in Game 3. Was it just me, or did it look like the Spurs were trying to let the Cavs win the game? Talk about wasted opportunities! Manu finished with three points--all on fourth quarter FTs--Tony Parker didn't shred the Cavs D, and even Tim Duncan was slowed down, and the Cavs still couldn't pull it out?

(Tangent: Was that not the most unwatchable half of basketball ever? Twenty-seven points in the third quarter, combined? Second-lowest scoring Finals game ever? It looked like somebody greased both rims with Crisco.)

(Tangent #2: During the game, I noticed a bunch of flashing red lights. I thought my TV was on the fritz--Yes! A legitimate excuse to return my TV to Costco! Alas, it seems the fans were wearing these clip-on flashing red LED thingies.)

Some other thoughts:
  • Going 3-19 from beyond the arc isn't going to win you many games.
  • Boy, do the Cavs need a PG! Daniel Gibson just isn't equipped to handle the point. Too bad Larry Hughes is completely untradeable for the next two seasons.
  • That was some pretty awful officiating! LeBron got fouled late a couple of times, and no whistle was blown!
  • I should have figured the game was over when the Cavs decided to go to Eric Snow (see bullet #2) down the stretch.
Do I dare pick against the Spurs in Game 4? Hell no. Bring out LeBroom!

(Of course, I've been wrong in Games 2 and 3; what makes me believe that I'll be right here?)

- (from Consumerist) A Home Depot employee accused a woman of bringing in an empty bag + receipt, picking up an item listed on the receipt, and then trying to return the item. First of all, the item was packed in that nearly impossible to open plastic, and the woman said that she "just threw all the parts along with the plastic case into the Home Depot bag along with the receipt and went to the return counter." Pray tell, how did she manage to open the blister packaging, to set up this elaborate scam, inside the store? She must have had some sharp fingernails!

(Never mind the fact that that sounds like an awful lot of work to defraud a company out of a hundred bucks.)

More importantly, I thought Home Depot deemed it illegal for an associate to accuse a customer of shoplifting! I better hear that this kid got fired by HD for his heinous act!

(Also from Consumerist) I'll leave with this little gem: it will be one year ago tomorrow that this (in)famous AOL cancellation attempt was made by disgruntled customer Vincent Ferrari.

Next time: I gotta talk about the Jermaine O'Neal to LA rumors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home