Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Meals Out Of Leftovers, And I Am A Jinx to Sports Teams

- It's a sad day here in the ungsunghero household.

We finally finished the corned beef today! *sob*

I chopped up the remaining corned beef, chopped up some of the remaining roasted potatoes, and fried them in a little bit of oil to make a cheap corned beef hash for breakfast. It came out quite tasty, and I served my makeshift-hash with scrambled eggs and buttered toast.

(Damn, I think I'll whip up some pancakes tomorrow.)

Now that I'm all out of corned beef, I guess it's back to my regularly scheduled spaghetti and awesome meat sauce. I'd barbecue sometime in the next few days, but I'll be attending a pig roast this weekend, and two barbecues in a week will probably land me in my usual room at the local hospital.

- The Ung-hex strikes again! A few days ago, I told Krunk that his Seattle Mariners were on fire (and they were; they had recently been only a game back of the Los Angeles Angels somewhere near a huge body of water). Of course, the Mariners have since lost six straight games, and are now 3.5 games behind the Angels.

I also declared that my Dodgers were rolling, and that they will comfortably win the National League West (by 4-5 games, and in the NL West, 4-5 is a pretty comfortable margin). Of course, they have since dropped two consecutive, close, games, both of which were lost by the bullpen. The Dodgers loss today was worsened by the fact that SP Derek Lowe left the game with a groin injury, as if the Dodgers could afford any more injuries to their pitching staff. I can't fathom a potential rotation of Penny-Billingsley-Tomko (shudder)-Hendrickson (shudder)-Houlton/Stults/????? for any substantial length of time.

Assuming Lowe doesn't miss any serious time, I saw screw Mark Teixeira. Screw Octavio Dotel. Screw those crazy ideas of a Jermaine Dye deal. Let's take a flier on a Kyle Lohse or a Jose Contreras! Neither one can be worse than Mark Hendrickson, and neither one is going to cost us much. Granted, Hendrickson's been pitching OK in a starting role lately, but I think his best role is as a long reliever and spot starter.

BTW, I think the Yankees are going to win the next ten games.

(Go Ung-hex!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home