Wednesday, April 11, 2007

100% Sports Free!

It seems that, lately, I have been talking way too much about sports, and not nearly enough about non-sports related topics. So, I guarantee this blog entry to be 100% Sports free, or your money back!

(I'm doing this for my fellow IMBCers. Let's hope I make it to the end of this entry without passing out!)

Some quick hitters:

- I hate Costco. I hate it not because of their nice prices for bulk goods. I hate it not because I could spend hours in the store and not be bored. No, I hate Costco because my wallet always ends up much lighter than anticipated. Sure, I can blame myself and my lack of willpower, but it is my right as an American to put the blame on someone else, isn't it? Hey, if that horizontally-challenged guy (I can't call him a "fattie," without risking a libel suit) in New York can sue McDonalds for clogging his arteries, I can blame Costco for tempting me to spend money!

- I'm big on good customer service, and Fergus from the Macy's in Northridge gets two thumbs up. He helped us out for a good hour, looking for stuff to buy on my sister's friend's bridal registry list. I wish I could ship a video of his act to the Best Buys and Circuit Cities in the San Gabriel Valley on customer service training.

- Did you see the act by Larry Birkhead during his press conference, after the courts announced that he was the provider of the sperm that brought baby Dannielynn into the world (video can be seen here)? Tom Cruise bouncing all over Oprah's sofas thought Birkhead needed to calm down. Of course, who can blame the guy for going James Cameron after the court's announcement became official? After all, he could potentially get a cut of the over $500 million estate that Smith's deceased ATM...er...husband owned, which is still in limbo (unless you actually believe he cares about the kid, and only the kid). I'm surprised he didn't scream "I'm king of the world!" instead of "I told you so!"

(wow...this is hard...must...not...talk...about...sports)

- Two planes were held up from landing for 18 minutes, while a third, carrying lung transplants, could not take off, because an airport's air traffic controller was taking a bathroom break. I'll reiterate what the article stated: why was there only one air traffic controller on duty? What if the guy had a serious case of indigestion and had to stay in the bathroom for a longer period of time? Worse yet, what if the guy was somehow incapacitated? Thank goodness nothing serious happened, and it sounded like the controller was responsible enough to wait for a low-traffic period to take his break. Then again, maybe the guy could have gone crazy NASA woman and worn adult diapers until a second air traffic controller came on duty. Eighteen minute bathroom break, eh? It's a good thing he didn't eat at Taco Bell prior to his shift.

After the hour and a half Macy's Death March--a Jon Pinette reference, by the way; if you haven't seen any of his stand up routines, I recommend you do!--and the wallet-lightening trip to Costco, I'm beat. I did it, though; I avoided talking about sports for an entire blog entry!

:P

2 Comments:

At 12:13 AM , Blogger h said...

Awesome post!

I agree with you about Costco. And about the customer service at Macy's, oddly enough (last time I went there the sales girl helped me put a suit together -- I've never had clothes that looked that good together and actually FIT).

Again, great non-sports post. ;)

 
At 12:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home