Sunday, April 08, 2007

Spring Cleaning

Ah, I love how nice my room smells after cleaning it! It smells of...nothing, and that's the way it should be. I don't need my room to smell of "paradise cove" or "summer breeze" or "tropical island" :P

I just hope the sock monster that lives in the dryer doesn't eat too many of my socks today (yeah, I'm cleaning my room AND doing laundry, and yet I found a way to squeeze in a blog entry as well! Talk about multi-tasking!)

- So the damn computer upgrade bug, which hasn't bothered me since college, has finally bit me. I can't help but look at the cheap dual-core combos at Fry's. Of course, I'll then need to buy a decent PCI-e card, some DDR2, and probably a more powerful PSU. Hopefully I can stay under my ~$300 budget. Maybe I should buy a real cheap Athlon 64 chip, and find a board that uses DDR.

- With their loss to the Suns today, the Lakers dropped to seventh in the NBA's Western Conference playoff picture. With games left at sixth place Denver, versus the eighth place Clippers, and at Phoenix, the Lakers could conceivably drop into the eighth seed. What do the Lakers win with the eighth seed? A first-round matchup against the Dallas Mavericks. Of course, seventh isn't exactly a walk in the park, either, as a seventh place finish sends the Lakers to Phoenix. The Lakers-Denver tilt tomorrow is practically must-win for the Lakers if they want to have a shot at the sixth seed. By the way, the sixth seed gets the right to face the San Antonio Spurs...

Speaking of the Lakers, somebody should remind Smush Parker that he is Smush Parker, and that his coach has nine more rings than he does. He recently ranted about being benched for the entire fourth quarter of a game against the Clippers. Coach Jackson's response? He wasn't pressuring the ball, which is a very good way to find yourself on the bench. I have a feeling we will not be seeing Smush Parker in a Laker uniform next year; he is a free agent at the end of the season, and the Lakers didn't draft Jordan Farmar for nothing, despite the fact that Farmar isn't the typical big guard that Jackson likes.


- Luis Gonzalez hit two homers today, and Randy Wolf pitched the Dodgers to another victory over the Giants! If Gonzo keeps averaging two homers every six games, I will be one very happy Dodger fan :P. By the way, Giant fan, how does that Barry Zito signing look now? He's now 0-2 and he hasn't looked sharp in either outing he's pitched in so far this season. I realize we're only two games into the season, but the Zito signing is quickly looking to be one of the worst free agent signings ever. Of course, who didn't see this coming? Zito's numbers have been on a downward trend for the past couple of years, and he'll be 35 when his monstrous contract comes to an end. I understand that the Giants really needed to make a big free agent splash this past off-season, to give Barry one last run at a championship, but $120+ million for Barry Zito? The Jason Schmidt signing looks even better, by comparison, than it did when the Zito signing was first announced.

Finally, I should make mention that I am taking part in an Iron Man Blogging Competition. The rules are pretty simple: make a blog entry every day, of at least 300 words, or you're eliminated. The last one standing wins a nice hosting package, along with a domain name registration. Too bad my geek-odometer doesn't have a word count setting!

I had some more thoughts to get to, including a quick thoughts on The Masters, but my laundry beckons. Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home