Friday, April 20, 2007

Nothing but quickies!

A couple quickies:

- I folded pocket Kings to a huge raise, and not only would I have had the best hand before the flop--the other two guys in the pot had 99 and 55--I would have made a full house. The pot was $60 too! Then again, you try throwing in $20 pre-flop (at a $20NL table) with Kings facing two all-ins.

I should point out that this was play money, as online gambling is illegal, and I would never consider breaking US law to gamble online!

- Quick NBA first round playoff picks:

Pistons in 5 over Magic. I'll give Orlando one win at home.
Cavs in 4 over Wizards. I don't see the Wiz winning a single game without Arenas and Butler.
Raptors in 6 over Nets. I'm so looking forward to hearing Raptors fans heckle Wince Carter.
Heat in 6 over Bulls. I just can't pick against a motivated Shaq, even with a less than 100% Wade.
Mavs in 6 over Warriors. I wouldn't be surprised if the Warriors pull the upset, though.
Suns in 5 over Lakers. The over/under on Kobe's PPG should be 45, and I'll take the over.
Spurs in 6 over Nuggets. AI and 'Melo should be able to steal a game or two against the Spurs.
Rockets in 7 over Jazz. This series should be the most entertaining one of the first round.

- Watching a little kid falling off a piece of furniture should never be funny. Witnessing the tumble and laughing uncontrollably isn't cool, either, and I know that. However, when your two-and-a-half year old nephew stands on your sofa, rolls forward, lands on a sofa cushion wedged in the gap between your sofa and coffee table, falls through the gap (as if the cushion was supposed to hold his weight), smacks something on the table during the fall, and is able to get up and laugh about it, then you should be allowed to laugh hysterically. If only I had a camcorder ready to record the fall.

(me <-- looks out window to see if anyone contacted the authorities)

- Check out the specs of this crazy computer (link ripped directly from Anandtech). Wow! Dual Geforce 6200 video cards? Crazy! The people over at Michael's Computers think this guy is ripping people off.

For those of you unaware, this computer isn't worth close to $1,500, even if a legitimate copy of Windows XP Professional SP2 is included in the install. For all we know, the CPU could be overclocked. "Very fast from experience"? "Will run anything you throw at it with ease"? Look, just because the darn thing loads Internet Exploder in less than five seconds doesn't make your computer fast. Yes, two Geforce 2 6200 video cards is better than one, but that's like saying two pieces of gum you found on the street is better than one. I'd like to see this thing run The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion on the highest settings; it'll probably run 0.3 frames per second. I must say, though, that the case is pretty nice.

Well, this blog was supposed to be about a product I recently acquired, but I think I've said enough for today already. Plus, I'm getting my butt kicked at online poker, so I think it's time to take a break.

Until next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home