Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Google Analytics Analytics

I had an idea for today's blog entry, but I decided to save it for another day.

Quick-hitters (warning: may contain sports-like substances):

- It's a good thing that online wagering is illegal here in the states, or I could have lost a ton of money on Miami +4, Lakers +9.5, and Utah straight-up over Houston in Game 2. Not to mention, there were a few baseball games I would have wagered on that would have lost me money as well. Whew!

- I have the itch (again) to upgrade my computer. It's a good thing I have a wonderful antidote: my empty wallet. I've been told that having kids is also a great way to avoid needlessly spending money, but I don't need that much help.

- I'm having quite a bit of fun with Google Analytics. One of the neat features of Analytics is the Top 5 Keywords section--keywords that web surfers searched for which led them to your site. The most prevalent keyword used to find my site is "MX3200 review" (the Logitech MX3200 keyboard/mouse combination, which I reviewed a couple weeks back). There were also a couple hits from searches related to turkey burgers (mentioned here). Oddly enough, a search for "ungsunghero" was used to find my site once, probably by me :P

Some of the more peculiar keyword hits:

- food-induced coma <-- easily my favorite
- cingular
- Garoid Probation Services (???)
- World record for green bean casserole (WTF?)

By the way, try a Google search for "scroll lock location mx3200."

- Did you see the story about the four-year old kid getting clipped by a football player during a Colorado State intrasquad game? The video was frightening to watch; the poor kid got hit pretty good. I wonder if the parents will let their kid play pop warner football, and if they will, will the kid start injuring the other players? I can picture the kid playing free safety, obliterating any opposing player that dares to come down the middle of the field. Or maybe the parents will be so afraid of contact sports that they'll force him to play a musical instrument. By the way, I love how CSU gave the kid a phone call and a signed football as their apology. Come on! At least spring for season tickets for the family! Or at least a signed jersey! Those go for far more on eBay than a signed football!

In all serious, it's sad that a collision with a helmeted football player likely will be one of the first memories of this kid's childhood. I'm very glad to hear that the kid did not sustain any serious injuries.

Next time, I'll be making a "Diet UngsungBlog" (all the taste of regular, zero sports!) entry, as I review another tech product. I also plan, sometime in the near future, a blog entry about the FX Network's show, The Riches.

2 Comments:

At 3:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Save money? I heard they make you go into debt, lose your social life, and can't go to sleep for the 1st x months after they're born.

 
At 3:23 PM , Blogger ungsunghero said...

I believe I said kids would keep people from "needlessly spending money." One can avoid needlessly spending money if they don't have any.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home