Monday, June 18, 2007

UngsungBlog, Random Thoughts Edition: Froot Loops, Cash Back on eBay

Oh man, I got sunburned pretty good yesterday! Where's my aloe-vera-anti-sunburn lotion?

- I mentioned to Krunk a couple weeks ago about how I only recently--a few years back, maybe--was informed that Froot Loops were spelled with four O's instead of two. It was during a grocery store trip in college that I realized that "Froot" was spelled as such.

To my surprise, Krunk didn't realize this at all, until I pointed it out! In fact, he told me early this morning that a couple of his friends weren't aware of that fact either! LOL!

I'm snacking on some right now, and I forgot how ridiculously sweet these things are!

- So I noticed that FatWallet Cash Back now offers 1% cash back at eBay (1% taken from the final bid price before S&H). I don't buy much on eBay anymore, but I think that's pretty cool.

Earlier today, I stumbled upon BigCrumbs.com, another Ebates/FW Cash Back clone, it appears. One thing quickly caught my eye about this place: they offered 36% cash back on eBay purchases!

I looked further, and sure enough, it was too good to be true. BigCrumbs pays back 36% of the seller's fees for any auction you win. That is just slightly better than FW's 1% cash back, if you do the math:
  • If you buy an item that costs between $0.01 and $25, the seller's fees will be 5.25% of the final price. By buying through BigCrumbs, you'll be getting 5.25% * 36% = 1.89% back. On a $25 item, your cash back would be ~$0.47.
  • If you buy an item that costs between $25 and $1,000, the seller's fees will be $1.31 (5.25% of $25) + 3.25% of the excess. For example, a $100 final bid results in seller's fees of $1.31 + 3.25% of $75 = $3.75, and your cash back would be ~$1.35 (1.35%).
  • I won't bother going into items that are over $1,000, as I've never spent more than $150 on a single eBay transaction.
(I know, I know...all this for what will probably amount to be a few cents here and there.)

Anyway, these guys have a pretty decent selection of stores as well, seen here.

I'm going to go ahead and give these guys a try. (Warning: the following may contain a shameless self-promotion!) If you're going to sign up for this service as well, please sign up using this link.

I've got lots more to talk about (surprisingly, not about sports), but I'll save them for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home