Friday, July 27, 2007

ESPN Insider, An IMBC Plea, And My UPS Guy Is A Comedian

Quick-hitters:

- Boy is it hot here! If this keeps up, I'm going to have to start sleeping in a tub full of ice cubes. Or, maybe I should pitch a tent in my patio and start sleeping outside.

- Have I ever told you that Amazon Prime is evil?

(I might have, in an earlier blog or twenty.)

I've now made eleven orders, since I signed up with Prime. And I have about eleven months of service left.

- ESPN must be desperate for subscribers. One day after having my ESPN Insider + ESPN The Magazine subscription auto-renewed for $39.99, I called in to cancel my service (I had intended on doing so a few days earlier, but as the story of my life goes, I forgot to do it).

Immediately after reaching a rep, the guy offered me a subscriber "special": $14.99 to continue my Insider subscription for a year, though I'm not sure if I get to keep the magazine subscription or not. I really don't care for the magazine, though; I don't think I've read a single issue. As long as I get my Insider subscription, I'm good.

- Hey, remaining IMBCers! We've been going on with this competition for ~120 posts now, and I don't know about you two, but I'm starting to get sick and tired of blogging every single day. I mean, it's been fun, but I never expected this competition to go on for nearly four months!

So...anyone up for calling the competition off? I don't have a need for the top prize, and I remember hearing that Amy recently got her own domain and hosting. So why don't we shake virtual hands, and call the whole thing off?

(If you think this is a cop-out, out of fear that I'll probably next to be eliminated from the competition, then you'd be right.)

- So my UPS guy is a comedian, apparently. Every time I see him--and I see him a lot, due to my inability to pass up a hot deal--he has some joke for me. Whether it's a heart-felt "Are you running your own office supply store?" to a "Oh...I wonder what's inside this box," he's always got a quip up his sleeve. Today was no exception: I got a huge box, and he inquired as to what was inside the box (never mind that the box was clearly labeled "Bubble Lined Mailers.")

Of course, I told him that they were, indeed, bubble mailers, and of course, he didn't believe me. Moron :P

(That :P should make it obvious that the last topic was posted in complete jest. Now if only I knew what his name was. And I can't just ask him for his name, because I've already had to twice before. Yes, I'm really really bad with names.)

Happy blogging!

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM , Blogger h said...

We could all agree to concede on the same day, but then a winner would have to be chosen by comparing everyone's grand total CV score (from every post made thus far in the competition). In fact, under the current comprehensive rules, a three-way tie is impossible.

But I know how you feel -- I almost conceded earlier this month.

 
At 2:36 PM , Blogger ungsunghero said...

We could do that.

Or we could just declare Amy the winner, thus making me look good on my earlier prediction :P

 
At 12:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like peter's idea...

i refuse to concede.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home