Sunday, July 15, 2007

UngsungB-Day Fun: Can't Stand The Heat? Get Out Of The Kitchen (And Go Eat Out!)

- If there's one thing I hate about my parents' place in Monterey Park (and trust me, there are a lot!), I hate how hot it gets here!

I should mention that the MPK house is a West-facing house, which is nice in the late morning/early afternoon. Around 2-3pm, though, it gets unberably hot, as the sun shines directly on us. It also makes television watching difficult to enjoy, due to glare.

At around sunset, the entire house gets extremely hot, as the heat absorbed by the walls starts being released. My sister's JVC RA-P10 said that her room temperature last night was 88F, and I thought it was lying; it felt a heck of a lot hotter than that!

The combination of the ultra-hot room, the shut windows--the neighbors around here don't understand what common courtesy is--and my sore legs after yesterday's excursion to the beach caused me to get very little sleep.

Too bad for me; we're heading out to the beach AGAIN today. I better be careful, or I might get sick of the beach eventually.

(Eh, not likely.)

(EDIT: I am so sore from the trip to the beach. Between the constant beating I took from the waves, to the trips across the beach numerous times, I'm hurting. Where the heck is my BenGay?

At least it was very nice and warm there, until 4pm, when the sun finally hid behind some clouds.)

- Ugh, I'm in a serious food coma AGAIN. Trader Joe's is evil, and so is Korean BBQ!

After the trip to the beach, we stopped by Trader Joe's. I walked in, telling myself that I wanted only a single item: a bag of veggie chips.

(Tangent: Veggie chips are chips made out of potatoes, tomatoes, spinach, and I forget what other veggies. I absolutely love these things!)

As usual, I walked out with a few other things: a bag of dried apricots, a bag of banana crisps (think banana chips, but thinner, crispier, and a tad sweeter), some caramel popcorn, those veggie chips, and a bottle of Arizona Green Tea with Ginseng and Honey.

*shakes fist at Trader Joe's*

After the trip to Trader Joe's, we had dinner at Manna Korean BBQ, for the umpteenth time. As usual, we all ate way too much meat, and paid the price for it afterwards. It got so bad that, on the car ride home, everyone nearly fell asleep (driver included!).

I'm sore, in a food coma, and really really tired all over. Zzzzzzz...

3 Comments:

At 11:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh how i <3 trader joes! my fave is the vanilla almond granola, rainbows end trail mix, masala papadums, TLC multigrain crackers and pirates booty white cheddar popcorn. long list i know, but dammit I'm hungry!!

 
At 11:36 PM , Blogger ungsunghero said...

Oh man, I didn't see any Pirate's Booty snacks at Trader Joe's today!

I shouldn't be snacking right now, but I can't put away this bag of veggie chips!

 
At 12:09 AM , Blogger h said...

Pirate's Booty -- OMG yes. I wish I could find that stuff in Pullman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home