Monday, July 09, 2007

Google Analytics Fun, I Hate The Beach, and ESPN's Coverage of The Home Run Derby

- Time for some Google Analytics fun!

For the previous week (July 1-July 7), the #1 keyword hit on my site was "Kevin Hain."

(For those of you that don't know who Kevin Hain is, he's the "Escalations Supervisor" of CrapUSSR. Here's my rant on Mr. Hain and CompUSA from almost two weeks ago.)

I wonder if Mr. Hain actually Googles his own name and reads what people are saying about him. If he is, hello Kevin! *waves*

Other common keywords from the past week:
- I hate the beach. I really do. I'm not even sure why I keep going back.

Maybe it's the temperatures in the mid 70s. Maybe it's the warm sand, or the crisp, lukewarm water. Or maybe it's the sights and sounds of the beach (emphasis on "sights," if you know what I mean).

Anyway, I hate the beach. If there's even a little bit of sunshine, I'll get sunburned, no matter how much sunblock I use. I could probably use an entire bottle and still end up medium rare. And don't get me started on the waves; they were absolutely brutal yesterday.

(Yes, yesterday's return trip to the beach was much better than the day before. The sun was out, even though it was still pretty cloudy, and the water was very comfortable.)

I hate the beach. That being said, I think I'll go back next weekend...

- ESPN aired the MLB Home Run Derby today, and Vladimir Guerrero took the crown in an anti-climatic final round against Alex Rios. A few thoughts:
  • I picked Prince Fielder to win. Nice job showing up.
  • My sister picked Albert Pujols to win. I thought he was going to win for sure, watching him effortlessly smack homers in his second round. Too bad he ended up a single homer short.
  • Hey ESPN, next year, how about more Erin Andrews, and less Peter Gammons?
  • Speaking of ESPN, their coverage of the Derby was awful. If you're going to interview Bonds and A-Fraud, could you have the decency to do so between hitters, and not during a hitter's round? By the way, why did ESPN need six hosts for the Derby (the three at the stadium, and the three on the Baseball Tonight studio)? Last I checked, this was the freaking Home Run Derby!
Eh, who am I kidding? The Home Run Derby is still leaps and bounds better than any pre-all-star game event that the NBA or NHL showcases.

I BBQ'ed again today, and yes, I'm in a food coma. Details tomorrow.

Happy blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home