Sunday, December 10, 2006

Some random thoughts...*

* - Ha! These thoughts aren't random at all! =-P

- The iPod nano is a really neat device! Yeah, I know...I should welcome myself to 2005.
- The Dodgers better not trade for Vernon Wells (Toronto Blue Jays' CF), unless they could get him to sign an extension before the season begins. By the way, despite the successful, if not expensive, offseason the Dodgers have had so far, I'm cautiously optimistic about next season. The fact that Jason Repko still projects to be on our 25 man roster scares me.
- It seems that both Oakland and Detroit are 2-10 so far this season. Looks like they're both in good shape for the Brady Quinn sweepstakes. Troy Smith isn't a bad consolation prize, though...
- Some Fantasy Basketball news: one of my fantasy teams, currently residing in fourth-place, will be AI-less for a while (sigh). Speaking of the Question Mark...did you hear this pathetic statement he released?

"As hard as it is to admit, a change may be the best thing for everyone," Iverson said. "I hate admitting that because I love the guys on the team and the city of Philadelphia. I truly wanted to retire a 76er."


I wonder if star athletes pull these statements out of a book, Mad Libs style, and just fill in the blanks. Never mind that NBA teams that trade their superstar tank for the few years afterwards (Vince Carter and Shaq quickly come to mind, and KG and Paul Pierce are also possibilities this year). I truly wanted to retire a 76er? I love the guys on the team? If AI added "I love the guys...but they stink, and I'm not winning a thing with them," I would respect that a whole lot more than this garbage. BTW, pairing the Question Mark with the Most Overrated Player of the Last Ten Years (C-Webb) was quite entertaining while it lasted. These two guys belong together in the "Hall of Non-Championship-Winners." I am very interested, though, in where he ends up. Minnesota would be an interesting option, if Minny had the expiring contracts Philly would want in any deal. Dallas is insane if they trade for AI, much less include Devin Harris in any deal. Boston? I don't see how that deal makes sense, unless Boston plans on parlaying an AI trade into a Paul Pierce deal as well. I hear Denver is rumored as well, but they already have Carmelo Anthony.

If the Question Mark shows up anywhere this season, it has to be with the Knicks!!! The Knicks have some expiring contracts, and I'm sure the Knicks don't mind giving up picks as well (snicker...). AI going to the Knicks, being paired with Starbury...that might be good for 2 extra victories a year! More importantly, the Knicks might set a record for the most number of shoot-first "point guards" with self-appointed nicknames! If I didn't get Manny Ramirez in a Dodger uniform, this would be a nice consolation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home