Friday, July 13, 2007

Self Birthday Present, And I'm Sick of Craigslist

Quick-hitters:

- Have I ever mentioned how evil Amazon Prime is? I've now placed six orders on Prime since signing up!

- So my poor mom had some teeth pulled out earlier today. My sister called me up to let me know that she wasn't feeling too well.

I started sympathizing with her, and then my sister dropped this line on me:

"Yeah, she's worried that she won't be able to go out to eat this Sunday."

Moms...can't live with them, and it's awfully hard to be alive without them.

- So I think I found my self-birthday present: a pair of Oakley RazrWire glasses! I've got a pair that look similar to these, and am pretty happy with them.

(Tangent: I don't recall ever getting an actual gift for my birthday when I was younger; I'd usually get loads of cash, though. It took me a while to realize that, if I wanted a gift, I'd have to purchase one myself. I coined the term "self-birthday present" a few years after coming to that realization.)

Unfortunately, I've got a big head, and my glasses aren't the most comfortable pair for my frame. I only got them because they were dirt cheap (yeah, bad purchasing strategy, I know).

I tried the RazrWire out at the mall a couple weeks ago, and was impressed with how lightweight they were, even with the BlueTooth headset built-in. Most importantly, they felt very snug on my face--the pair I have tend to move around a bit every now and then. I could not believe the MSRP on these glasses, though: $285?!?

$94.99 after a $15 coupon for these glasses? I'm game! The best thing is, even if the BlueTooth headset turns out to be absolute crap, it is also removable.

So...anyone wanna pitch in for my self-birthday gift?

- Craiglist is really starting to piss me off.

(The users, not the site itself, though an unnamed individual might disagree with that statement.)

For the past couple of weeks, I've been getting tons of lowball offers, promises to meet to purchase an item (and not following through), and morons that obviously can't read (I thought eBayers are the only ones that can't read). I long for the days of the different flavors of the 419 scam, such as:
  • I'll send you a cashier's check for $1000, and you send me $500 back, with my item.
  • I use this escrow site, and it's SAFE!
  • I'll send you a Western Union money order (followed by a fake WU money order confirmation).
I wouldn't mind a pathetic "oh, my [relative] is sick, and I need the part! Can you sell it to me for [10% of cost]?"

Stupid Craigslist.

(No, this is not list-worthy.)

Happy blogging!

4 Comments:

At 11:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Razrwire?!?!? please peter, don't be one of those douches!

 
At 12:06 AM , Blogger ungsunghero said...

Haha.

Clarification, please?

 
At 11:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know the 30+ male who has that thing glued to his head because he is so important that he can't miss a single call. also they have bellies that make them look like they are preggers and walk in a macho waddle.

 
At 12:02 AM , Blogger ungsunghero said...

Let's see...

30+ male: Nope.
Can't miss a single call? Nope; I don't get many calls to begin with.
Bellies that make them look pregnant? Hmmm...
Walking with a macho waddle? Nope.

In any case, I think I'll wait to see if it goes down even further in price before making the purchase.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home