Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Are you ready for some (Fantasy) football (playoffs)?

Hooray! It's time for my Fantasy Football league's playoffs! I finshed third, and I drew a team headlined by Peyton Manning . More importantly, I get to avoid the team with Tom Brady + Corey Dillon (v Houston) and Marques Colston and Devery Henderson (v Washington), as well as Maurice Jones-Drew (v Tennessee). I'll leave it up to our regular season champ to deal with that team :-P

I can't believe the team with LaDainian Tomlinson finished second to last in this league! LT, on behalf of that manager, I do apologize.

Random thoughts:
- So apparently the Boston Red Sox are not interested in paying ~ $150 million for the services of Daisuke Matsuzaka. I can't say I'm that surprised by the decision. $15 million+ a year for a guy who has pitched exactly 0 innings in the major leagues? Come on, Mr. Boras...even you have to think your demands are a bit ridiculous!
- I can't wait to update this blog with a note pointing out that Boras was right and I was wrong :P
- I still can't figure out why a single antenna on my Linksys WRT54G works better than two (better signal strength, better wireless coverage, etc.)
- The Question Mark nixed a trade to the Charlotte Bobcats, so I hear. Setting aside the fact that they are the Charlotte Bobcats, I don't see why he would nix the deal. He gets to play for a team ridiculously under the salary cap = the team can add star players to assist AI. He gets to stay on the East Coast, in the (L)Eastern Conference. He also gets to work under MJ, though I'm not sure if that's really that great. I can imagine Charlotte's thinking, though: why stunt the growth of Felton, May, and Morrison, by bringing in a guy that thinks passing means running faster than the guy trying to defend you?
- An ESPN Insider article linked on the front page is entitled "[Gil] Meche not worth what the Royals paid." A couple weeks ago, there was an article entitled "Gwynn deserves to be in Hall of Fame." I'm paying $30 a year for THAT?!?!? I can't wait for next week's article, "Barry Bonds hits a lot of home runs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home