Friday, June 22, 2007

LAPD Crime Map, And The Doug Christie Autobiography

Yet another Kobe Bryant-free blog entry today. Let's get started!

- So it was a cool 102 degrees today...nothing I can't handle, though.

(My kidneys, on the other hand, feel otherwise. Also, 102 was the "ReelFeel" temp; it was really only about 92 today. I know, I know, I should stop whining.)

Accuweather.com says it's only 74 degrees right now; it sure doesn't feel that cool.

- Yesterday, I had a McFlurry for the first time in my life. For those of you that don't know, a McFlurry is nothing more than vanilla soft serve topped with M&M minis or Oreo cookie bits. Anyway, for some reason, I found the dessert to be extremely tasty.

(Might it have something to do with the heat?)

What was really fun was seeing the colors off the M&Ms bleed into the ice cream. Yes, simple things like this entertain me.

(Hmmm...it's not too late to get another McFlurry, is it?)

- So apparently I don't live in a very safe neighborhood, according to this LAPD Crime Map. In the past week, there were 35 serious crimes within a 5 mile radius of my residence (nine violent robberies and seven aggravated assaults; fortunately, there were no homicides). No reports on how many stolen barbeques, welcome mats, or car registration stickers, though.

Good...I have yet another reason to move out of this damn residence.

- OMG! The Doug and Jackie Christie autobiography, entitled "No Ordinary Love: A True Story of Marriage and Basketball," is out! I must go get this book! I hope they covered how Jackie started designing purses, and how she enlisted Doug's "help" with the business (and by help, Doug actually helped Jackie design some of the purses!). I hope the book also went over what was going through Doug's head as Jackie chased and beat down Rick Fox with her purse during that one Lakers-Kings exhibition game. Now THAT's a sign of true love, is it not? Chasing an opposing basketball player, screaming obscenities and going whack-a-mole with your purse just screams dedication!

(I'm guessing the purse that was used in the beat down was a Christie original, or whatever the brand of purses was named.)

I'm actually surprised there wasn't a purse on the cover of the book. Maybe there's a 10% off coupon on the inside flap of the book, good on the purchase of a Christie original.

I love the People Magazine quote, by the way. Role models for young people? Role models for women who want to utterly dominate their men, maybe. Maybe there's a how-to guide on how to accomplish this, with visual aids included.

That's all I've got for now. Happy blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home