Thursday, July 12, 2007

Logitech Z-4i Speaker Mini Review, And Won Ton Soup Is Delicious, Even In The Summer

I know, I mentioned Rashard Lewis in yesterday's blog, and never got around to the topic.

My apologies.

(A heads-up to my non-sports-fan readers: the next few blogs will be spent discussing NBA free agent signings, the MLB trading deadline, and tons of other sports topics.

I'll try to sprinkle in a blog about a barbecue every now and then :P)

- So I got a new toy a couple days ago: a Logitech Z-4i speaker system.

I bought these speakers with the intention of reselling them, but after finding out how little of a market there is for these speakers, I decided to try them out. I have not yet regretted the decision.

I should point out that my current speaker system is this cheapy Altec Lansing 2.1 setup, with a paltry 35W RMS (the Z-4is sport an 80W RMS). These Z-4is absolutely blow them away. The Z-4i's subwoofer puts the Altec Lansing's to shame, and I love the wired remote. The wired remote has an on/off switch, a volume control knob--as opposed to up/down volume control buttons on the Altec Lansing--and a number of features absent on the Altec Lansing remote: a bass knob, a headphone jack, and an auxiliary input jack.

If there's one thing to complain about, it's the fact that these speakers are white. I would have preferred black speakers. Oh well. For $29.99 after a $40 rebate, I shouldn't be complaining at all.

In any case, I finally get to get rid of my super crappy 2.1 system--which will be replaced with the Altec Lansing speakers--which probably spits out 0.5W of power :P.

- I made some Won Ton soup today. The broth was made with powdered chicken bouillon, garlic, chopped onion, ground black pepper, and a touch of soy sauce (yes, soy sauce and chicken bouillon seem redundant in the salty department, I realize). The meat was just ground pork, black pepper, and soy sauce.

(Tangent: My mom insists on using ground pork tenderloin for the filling. I don't care to use $3/lb meat, especially if it's going to be ground up and used for soup. Every time I see her approach a butcher, order a cut of pork tenderloin, and then ask the butcher to ground it up, I cry a little. I'm sure the butcher agrees with me.)

Anyway, the one thing I hate about making Won Ton soup is the preparation. Someone (Ron Popeil?) needs to invent an automatic Won Ton maker!

Damn...I could go for some more soup right about now.

Happy blogging!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home