Monday, December 18, 2006

Fight Night at MSG

So apparently there was an unscheduled championship fight at MSG a couple nights ago, involving lightweight Carmelo Anthony and heavyweight Mardy Collins. Here's what I thought I thought about the fight:

- What the heck was Nate Robinson doing??? Yeah, the Carmelo sucker-punch was way out of line, but did you see Nate Robinson's actiions during the entire fracas (by the way, I love the word "fracas")? When he put his hands up to go after a backpedaling 'Melo, I couldn't help but laugh.
- Nice job, 'Melo...nice job, throwing away all goodwill you earned in the past year. By the way, Jermaine O'Neal...Mardy Collins...Ron Artest...'Melo...Nate Robinson...Steven Jackson off the bench...pretty scary lineup, no? (scary in the sense that you wouldn't want these five together anywhere near Detroit)
- Isiah Thomas got off about as easily as he could have. As some have remarked, however, perhaps staying as coach of the Knicks is punishment enough.
- Gee, George Karl, tell me what you really think about Isiah Thomas.

By the way, why the heck is it so cold??? I can't believe I actually have to have the heater turned on!

Random thoughts:
- Sick stat I just saw on ESPN: LaDainian Tomlinson, by himself, has scored more points this season than two teams (Tampa Bay and Oakland).
- That cut on Jeff Garcia's hand was NASTY!
- Quick fantasy football update: I'm up 24 points, with CJ and TJ left, versus Peyton and Wayne (gulp!) The Cinderella team in our league has won already, and is awaiting an opponent for the championship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home