Tuesday, December 19, 2006

AI for Miller, Smith, and 2 #1s

So AI has finally been traded, to the Denver Nuggets for PG Andre Miller, F Joe Smith, and 2 #1s in 2007. I'm glad the trade has finally happened; I gotta get AI off my fantasy bench :-P

My thoughts on the deal:

For Denver: I'm not sure I like this deal, from Denver's standpoint. For the short-term, the trade works; Denver needed someone to fill in the scoring void left by the suspensions to 'Melo and JR Smith. However, does anyone think 'Melo and AI can share one ball when they're both on the court? As Charles Barkley said on the Jim Rome Show a couple days ago, Denver would need the old leather ball and the new microfiber ball for that to work. Not to mention, they gave up 2 #1s in what might be one of the deepest NBA drafts in years? Never mind that they also gave away an expiring contract (Joe Smith). From a fantasy standpoint, I hope the reduced number of shots AI will likely take will lead to an increase in FG%; I don't mind trading a few PPG for a little spike in FG%. I don't mind a lower TO rate, either.
For Philly: This deal isn't that bad, from Philly's standpoint. I'm not sure that a better deal--not counting the non-deal to Minnesota, involving Randy Foye--was out there. I don't see how Andre Miller is a good fit in Philly, though, and it would have been nice if Miller's contract was an expiring one. Who knows? Maybe Andre Miller might make CWebb a respectable NBAer again (ok ok, he's no miracle worker, after all). However, consider the 2 #1s, and the fact that AI needed to go--the sooner, the better--and the trade doesn't look too bad. From a fantasy standpoint, I would imagine that Miller's APG has to drop. Hopefully he's not forced to shoot more, which may decrease his APG and, possibly, his FG% as well.

Random thoughts:
- I really hate Fantasy Football.
- I love Amazon.com. I ordered a TV for my mom, for $1089, and found it was now selling for $1029. I called Amazon about getting a price adjustment, and the CSR I spoke to said the new price was $989! He credited my Discover card a cool $100, even though I was expecting $60!
- I still haven't bought myself a Christmas present yet...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home