Saturday, December 30, 2006

Not a good morning...

So this is what has happened to me so far this morning:

- A couple officers knocked on my door; fortunately, they were looking for the previous tenant (this isn't the first time cops have come by, looking for these people).
- My USPS carrier has already dropped by, meaning I will not receive my cell phone charger that I ordered from an eBay store three days ago until Wednesday, thanks to the observance on Tuesday for President Ford.
- Sometimes I like taking my 19" LCD monitor into my room and hooking it up to my laptop. This morning, I went to disconnect the power and vga cables from the monitor, which was connected to the laptop, and carried the monitor out of my room. I heard a snap as I nearly tripped on a wire; it seems I had connected the laptop's line out port to the line in port on the monitor (the monitor has built in speakers, which actually sound a tad better than the speakers on my laptop). From the trip, I stumbled to about a 4 inches off the floor, which is when the monitor slipped out of my hands :(. Total damage: a busted line-out port on the laptop (which, amazingly, still works), a dinged LCD (hopefully that's all that's wrong with it), and a sense of hurt pride.

How was your morning?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home