Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Turn down the thermostat...

First of all, I can't believe it's been over two months since my last blog entry, but let's just say that a series of events has kept me from posting. With MLB Spring Training starting, and NCAA March Madness on the horizon, I figure I've got lots to blog about in the coming days!

- Does anyone know where Winter went? Temps here will be in the 80s all week :(

- FoxSports.com has my Dodgers ranked 12th in their early season MLB Power Rankings. Pardon me if I'm a bit skeptical. Our team has little power, a below-average outfield, and an injury-prone rotation. Sure, we have lots of speed at the top of the order, but considering that it will take three hits--or two hits and a stolen base--to score a single run, we'll definitely struggle to score this season.

- I've seen this clip hundreds of times, and Billy Packer--the CBS analyst--must be on crack. The ball left Hansborough's hand a second before Henderson's elbow reached Hansborough's face. Packer said that Henderson was going after the ball; I haven't played basketball in a while, but I don't ever recall going for a block with my forearm. The ONLY bit of that clip that might exonerate Henderson is the fact that his hand was opened; if he was really going to deliver a shot, his hand would probably have been clenched. That being said, the blow was still flagrant, and Henderson should be lucky that he is only going to miss one game. Kudos, though, to Coach K, for essentially blaming UNC coach Roy Williams for the entire fracas, suggesting that if Hansborough wasn't on the court, Henderson would not have been either.

- I've also seen the Shaun Livingston injury clip far too many times, and I refuse to post a video. The Clippers' team doctor said that Livingston would probably miss 8-12 months. No kidding, Captain Obvious. He'll be lucky if he doesn't miss all of next year. That being said, I hope Livingston is able to resume his career in the near future, as that was one of the sickest injuries I've ever seen. It ranks up there with the Willis McGahee injury.

- According to DNScoop.com, Google.com--the URL, not the company-- is worth $1,959,900,000. Bargainshare.com is $48,970. My blog? A cool $12 :P

I've got lots more to blog about, including some March Madness discussion, my new HDTV, and other thoughts about sports in general. I also plan on discussing stupid TV commercials, Heroes and The Office, and outrageous news stories. I just hope I don't wait 70 days for my next post :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home