Saturday, March 10, 2007

Food for thought

So I'm up early, in bed, enjoying a hot and delicious bowl of plaster--aka oatmeal (by the way, oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar is pretty good, but oatmeal with Craisins is damn good, even if oatmeal tastes like a wet rice cake). Why am I up early, especially on a Saturday? March Madness, of course!

March Madness? Great!
March Madness in HD? Even better!
March Madness in HD without having to adjust a stupid antenna every 30 seconds? W00t!


- Cooper Brannon is my hero. I heard him on The Jim Rome Show on Thursday, and his story is incredible. Not bad, going from Marine, to Purple Heart recipient--after a freak accident involving a flash-bang grenade--to minor league pitcher for the San Diego Padres. It's a shame this world has far too many Ron Artests and Adam "Pacman" Jones and not enough Cooper Brannons and Jim McLarens.

- The Los Angeles Lakers lost again yesterday. Kobe Bryant threw another wild elbow. He better be careful; the Lakers are probably one more wicked Kobe elbow away from missing the playoffs altogether. Then again, with all the injuries the Lakers currently have, they may miss the playoffs anyway.

Sometime last night, I saw a commercial for Ruby Tuesday, a restaurant that features "simple fresh American dining." I see these commercials several times a day, and I find it amusing that the nearest restaurant location is in Woodland, CA--east of San Jose. Needless to say, it will be unlikely that I will ever dine at a Ruby Tuesday. Which reminds me...

(just a random thought before I start the list...apparently Chevy has created YET ANOTHER commercial featuring that damn John Mellencamp song!!!!!!)

- Apparently McDonald's has another commercial pimping their new Angus burgers; this time, three Bostonians are discussing their wishes to try this burger (apparently, this burger is being "beta-tested" here in CA). McDonald's commercials have gotten to the point where I'd rather see 10,000 Verizon guy and Jared from Subway ads than a single McDonald's commercial. No, I guess you can say that I'm not lovin' it.

- As far as good/funny ads are concerned, I love SportsCenter ads. Watching athletes pretend to be funny by pretending to work at SportsCenter amuses me. The latest one involves New Orleans Hornets PG Chris Paul and SportsCenter anchor Brian Kenny. Kenny asks Paul if he's going to go for 16 or 17 (presumably points); Paul says he's going for 28. The joke is that, instead of points, the two were talking about items from a take out Chinese restaurant; apparently #28 is the Spicy Kung Pao chicken.

Hmmm...I could go for some Spicy Kung Pao chicken for lunch, actually...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home